How Does HR Softwares Assist in the Smooth Off-Boarding of Employees?
It is difficult for you when an employee who has been with your company for a few months or years leaves. Your HR department should have to go through the hiring process again. They must also offboard the employee who has decided to leave.
Many companies lack a proper offboarding process, and some show disdain for the employee’s decision to leave. However, you should offboard your employees with the same enthusiasm and happiness that you onboard them. Offboarding an employee has significant benefits for your company.
Advantages of a Good Offboarding Process:
- A positive offboarding experience will make the employee feel good about the company they are leaving. As a result, if the new job or company is not exciting or suitable for them, they will return to your organization.
- A good employee offboarding process will aid in branding. How you treat your outgoing employees will create a positive image for your company in the social media era. This will assist you in attracting other talents.
- It assists you in determining the reason for an employee’s departure. This would aid in identifying any patterns or reasons for an employee’s exit. This assists businesses in reducing employee turnover.
- If you can fix the reason for your employee’s departure, you can keep them. You can retain your talent if the pay is low or if they require a remote work culture, which you can arrange.
4 Effective Employee Offboarding Procedures
Here are the five best steps to offboarding an employee and how Artify 360, the best HR management software, can assist you.
1. Understand why they are leaving:
Not all employees leave your company for the same reasons. Employees typically leave for better pay, a better work environment, career advancement, relocation, and other personal reasons. Internal politics and dissatisfaction caused by any conflicts may cause an employee to leave in some cases.
Knowing the precise reason for the departure benefits your organization in various ways. If the reason is a lack of or a delay in salary, you should take the necessary steps to ensure that your employees are adequately compensated. You must not overlook that your employees have a family to support.
If internal politics are to blame, your company should take the necessary steps to avoid internal politics and make your office a pleasant place to work.
You can easily streamline the entire offboarding process with HR management software. You can save the reasons for leaving, and it will analyze similar patterns automatically.
2. Provide a unique offboarding experience:
No matter why your employees leave, make sure they leave on a high note. Allow them to speak about what they enjoy about the company, how the company has shaped their career, how the company has helped them make good friends, etc. Also, tell them how proud you are of their accomplishments in your company. It is critical to thank them for their efforts.
Such a positive offboarding experience will assist the company in maintaining a positive relationship with the departing employee. Such connections will be helpful in the future when looking for candidates. These employees, or those they refer to, may one day join your team.
HR management software such as Artify 360 can assist you in compiling a list of such employees for future reference.
3. Employee survey automation:
To find out why your employees are leaving, you must ask the right and honest questions. By automating these questions with Artify 360, you will be able to obtain honest answers from employees without fear. These automated surveys will be evaluated automatically to determine the most common reasons for quitting.
If you notice such common patterns, you should avoid taking unnecessary actions. Otherwise, it may harm your company’s overall work culture.
4. Ensure legal compliance:
Ensure that the departing employee has no further access to your company’s accounts or devices. To save your company, you should delete access to all the accounts, such as Google accounts. When your employees leave, you should also collect their identification cards. An employee who has left your organization can potentially misuse your organization’s identity.
You can use Artify 360 to automate the process and ensure that the employee does not violate your organization’s policies.
Employee offboarding is becoming increasingly important these days. It gives your company a good reputation while also keeping you legally safe. Modern tools, such as Artify 360, can assist you in this regard by automating the entire HR process, including the offboarding process.